The building was erected in the 17th century as a residential house and warehouse, has rebuilt several times, most recently – in the early 19th century, when the front facade was designed in the style of classicism. Between 1920’s and 1940’s, the building housed various workshops. In 1945 it was turned into a residential building again, but later a design institute was stated there. On february 6th, 1989, the Council of Ministers of the Latvian SSR turned the building over to the Latvian Popular front.
During the operation of LPF there were several structures worked: the Coordination center, the Information service, board and comities of LPF, the secretary and refferies, editorial board of the newspaper “Atmoda/Awakening”, and the center for boy scouts and girls, the association of large families “Dēkla”, the Latvian Women’s League etc.